- Low-carb means eating as little carbs as possible, preferably below 50g per day, and even better maximum 20g carbs per day. And it is total carbs, so it is important to remember that several vegetables have quite much carbs in them, so sum up everything.
- Eat only moderate amount of proteins, as they can convert to carbs as well.
- Eat fats, inclusive saturated fats, and not too much polyunsaturated fats.
- Eat only when you are hungry (even if it means eating only 1-2 meals a day or even fasting for a day or two).
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
Eating in this way keeps blood sugar stable, insulin low, and has a lot of other advantages. Stable sugar will cause that you will not feel hungry so much, and low insulin allows for burning fat from fat cells.